Old World Raspberry Bars
An old-fashioned cookie bar with a raspberry preserve filling and crumb topping.
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup butter, softened
1 large egg
1 (10-ounce) jar raspberry preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- For Crumb Mixture: In large mixing bowl combine all crumb mixture ingredients. With an electric mixer, beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture is crumbly, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture; press remaining crumb mixture on bottom of greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- For Filling: Spread raspberry preserves to within 1/2-inch from edge of unbaked crumb mixture.
- Crumble reserved crumb mixture over preserves.
- Bake for 42 to 50 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely. Cut into bars.
Makes 24 bars.