A raspberry jam and nut filled cookie bar with a crumb topping.
1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour - divided use
1 (12-ounce) jar raspberry jam
1 cup chopped nuts
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine salt with 3 1/2 cups flour. Gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Spread three-fourths of the batter evenly over the surface of a 11 x 17-inch jelly roll pan or baking pan with a rim. Spread raspberry jam evenly over the batter, and sprinkle chopped nuts over all.
- Add 1/4 cup flour to the remaining batter. Crumble this mixture on top of the jam covered batter.
- Bake at 400°F (205°C) for 35 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Cool before cutting.
Makes 48 bars.