Pat's Peanut Butter Brownies
Pat's chewy peanut butter brownies are topped with a creamy peanut butter glaze.
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
4 large eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup peanuts, chopped
1/3 cup chunky peanut butter
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Stir in unsweetened baking cocoa and cook over low heat. Remove from heat and add eggs; one at a time, beating after each egg. Stir in sugar, flour, vanilla, and chopped peanuts. Beating till combined.
- Pour into a greased 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cool completely before frosting.
- Frosting: In a small saucepan, warm milk. Do not boil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, blend chunky peanut butter with 2 tablespoons butter; add powdered sugar and warm milk. Slowly beat frosting until it reaches spreading consistency.
Makes 24 brownies.