PB & J Treats
Kids of all ages will love these peanut butter and jelly oat bar treats!
2 cups Quaker Oats (quick or old-fashioned, uncooked)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup coarsely chopped dry roasted peanuts
1 cup seedless strawberry jam, Concord grape jam or apricot preserves
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°). Line a 9x9x2-inch pan with aluminum foil so foil extends beyond edges of pan. Spray foil with vegetable oil spray.
- In mixing bowl combine oats, flour, brown sugar, soda, and melted butter; mix well. Reserve 1 cup of mixture for topping; set aside. Add peanut butter to remaining mixture; blend well. Press peanut butter mixture evenly into bottom of pan.
- Spread jam evenly over base. Combine peanuts with reserved topping mixture in small bowl. Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over jam.
- Bake 35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Transfer to wire rack; cool completely.
- Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours until set. Cut into bars.
Makes 16 bars.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The Quaker Oats Company.