Peanutty Brownie Treats
It's easy to change up plain brownies with a few roasted peanuts...plus some peanut and milk chocolate flavored chips.
1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 tablespoons water
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts - divided use
1 cup (6 ounces) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Peanut Butter & Milk Chocolate Morsels - divided use
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Combine sugar, butter and water in large bowl. Stir in eggs and vanilla extract. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in medium bowl; stir into sugar mixture. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped peanuts and 1/4 cup morsels. Spread into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 18 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.
- Sprinkle remaining 3/4 cup morsels over hot brownie. Let stand for 5 minutes or until morsels are shiny; spread evenly over brownie. Top with remaining 1/4 cup chopped peanuts.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack before cutting.
Makes 24 brownies.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.