Pecan Turtle Bars
These easy pecan turtle bars make a great treat for parties and potlucks.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup pecan halves
2/3 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup milk chocolate pieces
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup softened butter. Beat for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Pat mixture evenly onto bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Sprinkle pecans evenly over crumb mixture.
- In a small saucepan, combine 2/3 cup butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until entire surface is bubbly. Cook and stir 1/2 to 1 minute more. Pour into pan, spreading evenly over crust.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 18 to 20 minutes or until entire surface is bubbly.
- Remove from oven; immediately sprinkle with chocolate pieces. Let stand for 2 to 3 minutes to allow chocolate to melt; use a knife to swirl chocolate slightly.
- Cool completely on wire rack. Use a sharp knife to cut into small bars.
Makes 48 bars.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.