Piña Colada Squares
These no-bake dessert bars feature a buttery, vanilla wafer crumb crust topped with a coconut and rum flavored cream cheese filling laced with pineapple, maraschino cherries, nuts and a garnish of toasted coconut.
2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 (8-ounce) can cream of coconut
2 (8-ounce each) packages cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoons rum flavoring
1 (8-ounce)) can crushed pineapple, drained
1/2 cup maraschino cherries, chopped
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 (8-ounce) container non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
1 cup flaked coconut, toasted*
- Combine crumbs and butter, press into bottom of 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- Gradually add cream of coconut to cream cheese, mixing at medium speed on electric mixer until blended.
- Stir in rum flavoring, pineapple, cherries and nuts.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over crust.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- Cut in squares to serve.
Makes 24 squares.
*To Toast Coconut: Spread out on a baking sheet. Bake in a 300°F (150°C) oven, for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Stir every few minutes to ensure even browning. Watch closely to prevent burning. Or, you can toast it in a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until golden.