Orange-flavored raisin cookie bars with coconut, topped with an orange and lemon icing.
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar - divided use
1/3 cup butter or margarine
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon orange peel, grated
2 tablespoons orange juice
3/4 cup raisins, chopped
1/2 cup coconut, flaked
2 teaspoons orange juice
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons butter margarine, softened
1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine flour and 1/4 cup sugar; cut in 1/3 cup butter until crumbly. Press into the bottom of a greased 9-inch pan and bake for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, 1 cup sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, grated orange peel, 2 tablespoons orange juice, chopped raisins, and flaked coconut. Mix well and pour over the crust. Bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes .
- Combine 2 teaspoons orange juice, lemon juice, and 1 1/2 teaspoons softened butter in a small bowl. Beat on medium speed until smooth, then gradually beat in powdered sugar. When smooth spread over the hot layer.
- Cool on a wire rack before cutting into bars.
Makes 16 bars.