Raspberry-Filled White Chocolate Bars
Chewy white chocolate cookie bars with a raspberry filling and a white chocolate chip-crumble topping garnished with sliced almonds.
1 cup butter
4 cups vanilla flavored or white chocolate chips - divided use
4 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons almond extract
1 cup raspberry jam
1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Remove and add 2 cups vanilla chips; set aside, do not stir.
- Beat eggs until foamy in a mixer bowl. Gradually add sugar, beating at high speed until well mixed and lemon-colored. Stir in the vanilla chip/butter mixture. Add flour, salt, and almond extract; mix on low speed until just combined.
- Spread half the batter in a greased and floured 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Stir 2 cups vanilla chips into the remaining batter; set aside.
- Melt raspberry jam in a saucepan then spread evenly over the cooked batter.
- Spoon the remaining batter over the fruit then sprinkle with 1/2 cup sliced almonds.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes more, or until lightly browned.