A scrumptious blend of raspberry preserves, white chocolate and toasted almonds tops a rich, buttery cookie crust to create an irresistible cookie bar.
A finalist in the 2001 Nestlé Toll House "Share the Very Best" recipe contest, this dessert was submitted by Juilee Decker of Cleveland, Ohio.
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 (12-ounce) package or 2 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels - divided use
2 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease and sugar 9-inch-square baking pan.
- Melt butter in medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Add 1 cup morsels; let stand. Do not stir.
- Beat eggs in large mixer bowl until foamy. Add sugar; beat until light lemon colored, about 5 minutes. Stir in morsel-butter mixture. Add flour, salt and almond extract; mix at low speed until combined. Spread 2/3 of batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until light golden brown around edges. Remove from oven to wire rack.
- Heat jam in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 30 seconds; stir. Spread jam over warm crust. Stir remaining morsels into remaining batter. Drop spoonfuls of batter over jam. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges are browned. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars.
Makes 16 bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Calories: 260 Calories from Fat: 120 Total Fat: 13 g Saturated Fat: 9 g Cholesterol: 45 mg Sodium: 135 mg Carbohydrates: 34 g Dietary Fiber: 0 g Sugars: 27 g Protein: 3 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.