Rich Walnut Fudge Brownies
Walnut-studded, rich and chewy chocolate fudge brownies.
3 (1-ounce each) squares unsweetened baking chocolate
1/2 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In the top of a double boiler, melt baking chocolate over boiling water. Stir until smooth then remove from the heat.
- Combine flour and baking powder. Add eggs and vanilla to the cooled chocolate mixture. Stir into the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into greased 8x8x2-inch square pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes, or until the center is set. Cool on a wire rack.
Makes 12 brownies.