Rocky Road Bars
Brownie-like chocolate bars are smothered with marshmallows, walnuts and chocolate chips to make these chock-full treats.
1 (12-ounce) package NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels - divided use
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup granulated sugar
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F (150°C). Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Microwave 1 cup morsels in medium, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10 to 20-second intervals; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature. Combine flour and baking powder in small bowl.
- Beat sugar, butter and vanilla in large mixer bowl until crumbly. Beat in eggs. Add melted chocolate; beat until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Spread batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out slightly sticky.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle immediately with marshmallows, nuts and remaining morsels. Return to oven for 2 minutes or just until marshmallows begin to melt. Cool in pan on wire rack for 20 to 30 minutes. Cut into bars with wet knife. Serve warm.
Makes 30 bars.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/30 of recipe): Calories: 180 Calories from Fat: 90 Total Fat: 10 g Saturated Fat: 4 g Cholesterol: 20 mg Sodium: 50 mg Carbohydrates: 22 g Dietary Fiber: 1 g Sugars: 14 g Protein: 3 g
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.