Simple Fudgy Saucepan Brownies
A good basic recipe for fudgy brownies with chocolate frosting.
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 (1-ounce each) squares unsweetened baking chocolate
1 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1/4 cup butter or margarine
3 tablespoons milk
1 (1-ounce unsweetened baking chocolate
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine 1/2 cup butter and 2 ounces chocolate in a 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted (3 to 5 minutes). Stir in 1 cup sugar, flour and eggs until well mixed.
- Spread into greased 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake for 23 to 27 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan.
- Combine 1/4 cup butter, milk and 1 ounce chocolate. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a full boil. Remove from heat. Add powdered sugar; beat until smooth. Stir in vanilla. Frost brownies while warm. Cool; cut into squares.
Makes 12 brownies.