Sweet Potato Brownies
For a change up from the average cookie bar, try these glazed sweet potato brownies. Perfect for fall and winter parties and holiday entertaining.
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated raw sweet potatoes
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cream butter and sugar together. Add remaining ingredients in order listed, stirring after each addition.
- Spread batter in a greased 13x9x2-inch pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a wooden pick comes out clean. Spread glaze over brownies while hot. Cool before cutting.
- For Glaze: Mix powdered sugar, butter, and enough milk to make a thin glaze. Spread over hot brownies.
Makes 24 brownies.
Recipe provided courtesy of Louisiana Sweet Potato Commission. Created by David Gallent.