Triple Rich Brownies
A delicious three-layered brownie bar. First layer, chewy chocolate brownie. Second layer, fluffy vanilla cream. Third layer, chocolate glaze.
2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened baking chocolate - divided use
3/4 cup butter - divided use
1 large egg
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup nuts, chopped
2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons cream, evaporated milk or milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Combine 1 ounce baking chocolate and 1/4 cup butter by melting over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Beat together egg and sugar and slowly add to the chocolate mixture; beating well. Stir in flour and chopped nuts. Pour into a lightly buttered 9-inch square pan. Bake for about 20 minutes. Cool and set aside.
- For the second layer, cream together 1/4 cup butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and cream. Spread on top of the cooled brownies.
- For third layer, combine 1 ounce baking chocolate and 1/4 cup butter; melt over low heat. Pour the chocolate/butter mixture over the second layer. Chill until firm.
Makes 24 brownies.