500°F Eye-of-Round Roast
The easiest beef roast you'll ever cook.
1 (2 to 3-pound) eye of round roast
- Preheat oven to 500°F (260°C).
- Season roast as desired; place on rack in shallow roasting pan. Do not add water or cover.
- Place roast in the preheated oven and lower temperature to 475°F (245°C). Roast at 475°F (245°C) for 7 minutes per pound.
- Turn oven off and let roast sit in oven 2 1/2 hours. DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR DURING THIS 2 1/2 HOUR TIME PERIOD.
- Remove roast and slice thinly.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.