Beer-BQ Beef Short Ribs
Beef short ribs are simmered in beer which adds flavor and tenderizes them before they are grilled.
4 to 5 pounds beef chuck short ribs
2 (12-ounce) cans beer
1 bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce
- Trim any excess fat from ribs and place in a Dutch oven or large cooking pot. Add the beer to cover ribs. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours or until fork-tender.
- Prepare outdoor grill with medium coals, or heat gas grill to medium.
- Place ribs on grill; brush with barbecue sauce.
- Grill, covered, turning often and brushing with barbecue sauce, for about 15 minutes or until crisped
- Heat any remaining barbecue sauce and serve with ribs.
Makes 6 servings.