Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
A marinated beef tenderloin roll stuffed
with mushrooms, green onion, parsley and crumbled blue cheese,
and crushed peppercorns pressed on the outside, is roasted or
Beef Tenderloin with
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (6 to 7-pound) beef tenderloin
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning or
- 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled blue cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle red wine vinegar and
- Crushed peppercorns
- Saute sliced mushrooms and green onions
in butter in large skillet until just tender; drain. Stir in
parsley and set aside.
- Trim excess fat from beef tenderloin.
cut tenderloin lengthwise to within 1/4-inch of other edge, leaving
one long side connected. Sprinkle with seasoned salt and lemon-pepper
seasoning. Spoon mushroom mixture onto opening of tenderloin;
sprinkle with blue cheese. Fold top side over stuffing. Tie tenderloin
securely with heavy string at 2-inch intervals. Place tenderloin
in a large, shallow dish. Pour dressing over tenderloin; cover
and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight, basing with marinade occasionally.
- Remove tenderloin from marinade. Press
crushed peppercorns onto each side of tenderloin.
- Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 40 minutes
or grill over medium-hot coals, covered or tented, 35 minutes
or until meat thermometer registers 140°F (60°C) for
rare, 160°F (70°C) for medium. Transfer to platter, remove
string and slice to serve.
Makes 8 servings.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.