Beef and Veggies on a Stick
Cubes of lean beef, marinated in a Caesar salad dressing are threaded on skewers with whole mushrooms, bell pepper, onion and zucchini and grilled to perfection.
1 pound lean beef, cubed
1 (16-ounce) bottle Caesar salad dressing
16 whole mushrooms
1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into chunks
1 red onion, peeled and cut into chunks
1 medium zucchini, cut into chunks
Cooked rice for accompaniment
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the Caesar dressing for use later.
- Place beef in a resealable plastic bag and add remaining salad dressing. Seal and place in refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hour or overnight.
- Remove beef from bag and discard dressing.
- Thread beef, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion and zucchini onto skewers*.
- Brush skewers with reserved dressing.
- Place skewers on grill and cook about 4 minutes per side or until beef is cooked to your preference, brushing once or twice with the reserved dressing during the cooking period.
- Remove from grill and let sit until skewers are cool enough to handle (if using metal skewers), about 5 minutes. Serve with rice, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
*If using wooden skewers, soak them in water 15 minutes before using.
Tip: These are also great broiled for about 5 minutes per side.