Honor your taste buds with this pot pie — a generous filling of beef and vegetables baked between two tender pastry crusts.
2 pounds stew beef, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 medium chopped peeled onion
1 clove garlic, minced
4 cups water
4 MAGGI®Instant Beef Bouillon
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups diced potato
1 cup diced carrot
1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 (8-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed and drained
2 (9-inch) pie crusts
- Lightly coat stew beef with flour. Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles in the oil; add beef and brown, stirring frequently, about 10 minutes; transfer to paper towels to drain. Return skillet to heat.
- Add onion and garlic, sautéing until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Carefully stir in water, bouillon cubes, salt, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Return meat to skillet, reduce heat and simmer for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Add potatoes, carrots and green pepper; simmer for another 20 minutes. Stir in peas.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with one of the crusts, letting the edge drape over the side; using a slotted spoon, fill pie with beef filling. Add a little of the cooking broth to filling, if desired. Top with remaining crust, fold bottom edge up over top edge, crimp edge with a fork and cut a few small slits in top crust to allow steam to escape while cooking.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350°F (175°C) and bake for 30 more minutes.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe is property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.