A few simple ingredients with delicious results. Beef strips are marinated in turmeric spiced coconut milk and then threaded onto bamboo skewers and grilled to perfection.
1 pound sliced beef strips
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup coconut milk
4 bamboo skewers
- Trim the fat from beef strips and cut into 1 x 4-inch strips, no more than 1/4-inch thick.
- Combine turmeric, salt, and coconut milk. Add the beef strips, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Soak bamboo skewers in cold water for several minutes. Drain just before using.
- Drain the beef, reserving marinade, and thread on the water-soaked skewers.
- Cook over a hot grill until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side, brushing a few times with the reserved coconut marinade while cooking. Discard any unused marinade.
Makes 4 servings.