Beef Sirloin Kabobs with
Roasted Red Pepper Dipping Sauce
Tender beef kabobs pair perfectly with an exceptionally delicious roasted red pepper dipping sauce.
1 1/2 pounds boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
2 teaspoons coarse grind black pepper
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 (7-ounce each) jars roasted red peppers, rinsed, drained, finely chopped
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons tomato paste
3/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed or 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
1 cup ready-to-serve beef broth
2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and 3 cloves garlic; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add red peppers, wine, tomato paste and thyme, stirring until tomato paste is blended.
- Combine broth and cornstarch in small bowl, mixing until smooth. Stir into pepper mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile cut beef steak into 1 1/4 x 1 1/4 x 1-inch pieces.
- Combine pepper, salt, paprika and 1 clove garlic in large bowl. Add beef; toss to coat.
- Thread beef pieces evenly onto six 12-inch metal skewers, leaving small space between pieces.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, about 7 to 9 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): 224 calories; 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 49 mg cholesterol; 635 mg sodium; 6 g carbohydrate; 1.1 g fiber; 27 g protein; 7.8 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 1.5 mcg vitamin B12; 2.1 mg iron; 31.1 mcg selenium; 4.0 mg zinc; 100.7 mg choline.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of National Cattlemen's Beef Association.