Beef Steak Al Forno
Flat iron steaks seasoned with fresh thyme, garlic, and freshly ground black pepper, grilled and topped with Parmesan cheese.
4 (about 7-ounces each) beef shoulder top blade (flat iron) steaks
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Combine thyme, garlic and pepper; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once.
- During last 2 minutes of grilling, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt, as desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of the Beef Industry Council.