Beef with Lemon Grass
Marinated for a few hours in an Asian-style lemongrass marinade, sirloin beef steaks are then grilled for about 1 minute per side -- and that's about the long and short of it!
2 pounds sirloin steak
1/2 cup chopped peeled fresh lemongrass
1/3 cup chopped onion
3 tablespoons fish sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
1 teaspoon peanut oil
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 garlic cloves, crushed
1 to 2 serrano or jalapeño chiles, seeded and chopped
- Slice beef steak horizontally into 1/8-inch-thick slices.
- Combine lemongrass and remaining ingredients except cooking spray in a food processor; process until smooth (about 1 minute).
- Combine beef and lemongrass mixture in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 2 to 4 hours.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove beef from bag; discard marinade.
- Place beef slices on grill rack and cook 1 minute on each side or until desired degree of doneness.
Makes 8 servings.