Beefy Beef Fajitas
Thin slices of marinated flank steak is pan-grilled with green peppers and onion, and served in warm flour tortillas with sour cream.
1/2 cup steak sauce
1/4 cup white wine, or tequila
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 1/4 pounds flank steak, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 green pepper, cut into strips
1 onion, cut into wedges
Flour tortillas for accompaniment
Sour cream for accompaniment
- Combine steak sauce, wine, lime juice, garlic, chili powder and sugar in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Add flank steak, turning to coat with marinade. Cover; refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Remove flank steak from marinade. Stir cornstarch into remaining marinade until smooth; set aside.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add green pepper and onion; cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from skillet.
- Add flank steak; cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add vegetables and marinade; heat to boiling. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Serve with tortillas and sour cream.
Makes 6 servings.