Bottom Round Beef Roast with Vegetables
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
1 boneless beef bottom round (3 to 3 1/2 pounds)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
8 small red to skinned potatoes, halved
1 (14.5-ounce) can beef broth
2 large carrots, cut into 2 1/2 x 1/2-inch pieces
2 large parsnips, cut into 2 1/2 x 1/2-inch pieces
2 small onions, cut into quarters
1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 3 tablespoon water
- For Seasoning: Combine seasoning ingredients; press onto beef. Heat oil in Dutch oven (large, covered saucepan) over medium heat until hot. Brown beef. Pour off drippings.
- Add 3/4 cup beef broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 2 hours.
- Add vegetables; continue cooking, covered, 30 to 45 minutes or until beef and vegetables are fork to tender. Remove beef and vegetables; keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid. Measure and return 2 cups cooking liquid to Dutch oven. Stir in cornstarch mixture; cook and stir 1 minute or until thickened and bubbly.
- Carve beef. Serve with vegetables and sauce.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.