Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Flank steak is marinated 8 hours, or overnight,
in a marinade of bourbon, soy sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice,
Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and garlic, and then grilled
to perfection. Serve steak sliced diagonally across the grain
into thin slices.
Bourbon Flank Steak
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons soy
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 (2-pound) flank steak
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a large
zipper-style plastic bag, mixing well. Add the steak; seal bag
securely, removing as much air as possible, and place in a large
bowl. Marinate for 8 hours or overnight in refrigerator, turning
- Remove steak from marinade, reserving
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot coals
(350°F to 400°F / 175°C to 205°C) 5 to 6 minutes
on each side or until desired doneness, basting occasionally
with reserved marinade. Discard any remaining marinade.
- To serve, slice steak diagonally across
the grain into thin slices.
Makes 6 servings.
Cook's Note: To broil, place steak on a
rack in a broiler pan. Broil 5-inches from heat (if using electric
oven, door should be partially opened) for 5 minutes. Turn steak;
brush with reserved marinade, and broil an additional 4 to 6
minutes or until desired doneness.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.