Cajun-Style Ribeye Steak
Ribeye steaks are marinated overnight, then coated with a fiesty Cajun spice mixture and grilled or broiled to desired doneness.
1 cup vegetable oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
6 small ribeye steaks, approximately 3 pounds
1 tablespoon paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- Combine oil, sliced onion, garlic powder and 1 tablespoon black pepper in 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish. Add steaks to marinade, turning to coat. Spoon half of sliced onion evenly over steaks. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat) or preheat broiler.
- Remove steaks from marinade.
- Combine paprika, cayenne, salt, white pepper and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in small bowl. Sprinkle each side of each steak with 1 teaspoon spice mixture.
- Grill or broil steaks until cooked through, about 8 minutes per side for medium-rare.
Makes 6 servings.