Chipotle Spiked Crockpot Brisket
This flavorful Tex-Mex brisket dinner is cooked over the course of two days, beginning with a long soak in a beer and chipotle marinade, but is well worth the time and effort.
1 (3 to 5 pound) beef brisket
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
1 to 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced
3/4 cup dark beer
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 cloves garlic, minced
6 to 8 red potatoes, quartered
1 1/2 cups baby carrots
- Place brisket in the crockpot with the onions. Mix chiles, beer, tomato paste, cinnamon, pepper, salt, brown sugar and garlic. Pour over the brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 to 12 hours.
- Cool to room temperature and refrigerate overnight.
- The next morning, skim fat from liquid and trim as much fat from the brisket as possible. Add the potatoes and carrots.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.