Citrus Steaks with Spicy Orange Sauce
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
4 ears sweet corn, in husks
1 medium orange
1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek-style yogurt or plain nonfat regular yogurt
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chili powder
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 to 1 1/4 pounds beef top sirloin cap steaks, cut 1-inch thick
Salt, to taste
- Peel corn, leaving husks attached at base; remove silk. Re-wrap corn in husks; tie closed. Soak in cold water 30 minutes.
- Grate 1 teaspoon peel from orange. Squeeze 2 tablespoon juice from orange; set aside.
- For Spicy Orange Sauce: Combine 2 tablespoons reserved orange juice, yogurt, cilantro and chipotle powder in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine peel, garlic and pepper; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Remove corn from water. Place on outer edge of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; grill, covered, 20 to 30 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 15 to 25 minutes) or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Place steaks in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 9 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 8 to 12 minutes) for medium rare (145°F | 62.7°C) to medium (160°F | 71.1°C) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks into slices, season with salt as desired. Serve with sauce and corn.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 265; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 71mg; Total Carbs: 21g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 30g; Sodium: 14mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.