Corned Beef-Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
This recipe for corned beef-stuffed cabbage rolls is a tasty way for using leftover corned beef.
10 cabbage leaves, blanched
1 pound cooked corned beef, roughly chopped
1 medium onion, quartered
1 stalk celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large egg, beaten sightly
1 cup cooked brown rice
2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
1 beef bouillon cube
1/4 cup boiling water
1 (12-ounce) can beer
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place corned beef in a food processor and chop finely, remove. Add onion and celery and finely chop.
- In a bowl combine egg, rice and mustard. Mix in corned beef, onion and celery. Place 1/2 cup of mixture on each cabbage leaf and roll up sticking in ends. Place seam-side down on 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water, add beer and pour over cabbage rolls. Cover tightly and bake 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from oven and reserve 1 cup of liquid.
- Melt better in saucepan, add flour, stir and cook over low heat 1 minute. Add reserved 1 cup of liquid, increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened. Pour over cabbage rolls and serve with additional mustard.
Makes 10 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.