Crumb Crusted Petite Tender Roasts with Wasabi Sour Cream
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
Wasabi Sour Cream:
1 (8-ounce) container dairy sour cream
1 tablespoon prepared wasabi paste
4 beef Petite Tender Roasts (8 to 10 ounces each)
37 to 40 butter flavored crackers
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves, crushed
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- For Wasabi Sour Cream: Combine sour cream and wasabi paste in medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Process crackers in food processor until fine crumbs. Combine crumbs, cheese and thyme in large bowl.
- Rub all surfaces of beef roasts with olive oil as needed. Press crumb mixture evenly onto all surfaces of beef roasts.
- Place roasts on rack in shallow roasting pan. Do not add water or cover.
- Roast in 425°F (220°C) oven 20 to 25 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness. Remove roasts when instant read thermometer inserted into thickest part of roast, registers 145°F (62.7°C) for medium rare or 160°F (71.1°C) for medium doneness.
- Let stand 5 minutes before carving. Serve with Wasabi Sour Cream.
Makes 6 servings.
- Beef Petite Tender Roast is a small separate muscle that rests on top of the shoulder near the top blade. The shoulder tender is separated by following the natural seam. All external fat is removed. The shape and size are similar to pork tenderloin. The petite roast averages 8 to 10 ounces.
- Substitute Tenderloin (Filet Mignon) or Ribeye Steak if the Petite Tender is not available.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 369; Total Fat: 22g; Saturated Fat: 9g; Cholesterol: 85mg; Total Carbs: 16g; Protein: 29g; Sodium: 392mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.