Cumin-Rubbed Steaks with Avocado Salsa Verde
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
Tip: This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc; and a good source of fiber and iron.
2 beef shoulder center steaks (ranch), cut 1-inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
2 teaspoons ground cumin
3/4 cup prepared tomatillo salsa
1 small avocado, diced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Press cumin evenly onto beef steaks.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
- Place steaks in skillet; cook 13 to 16 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine salsa, avocado and cilantro in small bowl.
- Carve steaks into slices; season with salt, as desired. Serve with salsa.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 255; Total Fat: 14g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 65mg; Total Carbs: 8g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 24g; Sodium: 199mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.