Flank Steak with Asian Noodles
Recipe courtesy of Certified Angus Beef LLC.
3 tablespoons sesame oil
1 pound Certified Angus Beef® flank steak
1 shallot, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons minced ginger
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 bok choy, chopped
3 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1 tablespoon sriracha or pepper sauce
5 ounces low sodium soy sauce
2 large eggs, beaten
1/4 package (1 ounce) cellophane noodles, blanched
8 ounces bamboo shoots
8 ounces water chestnuts, sliced
2 teaspoons honey
1/2 bunch green onions, sliced
- Preheat large sauté pan over high heat; add oil until it starts to smoke. Cook steak to desired doneness; remove from pan. Turn heat to low.
- Add shallot, garlic, ginger, jalapeño pepper, red pepper and bok choy; sauté until translucent.
- Add mushrooms, sriracha, soy sauce and eggs. Cook 3 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Slice cooked steak across the grain into thin slices. Add steak, noodles, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts and green onions; heat through. Adjust seasoning if desired.
- Place noodle mixture in a bowl and garnish with honey and green onions.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 410; Total Fat: 18g; Saturated Fat: 4g; Cholesterol: 127mg; Total Carbs: 34g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 28g; Sodium: 1391mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Certified Angus Beef LLC.