Garlic-Herb Crusted Beef Roast
A simple, yet delicious way to prepare and serve tender, flavorful roast beef. A garlic and herb rub is pressed onto the entire surface of a boneless beef roast and oven-roasted to perfection.
2 teaspoons garlic-pepper seasoning
2 teaspoons dried basil leaves, crushed
2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves, crushed
1 teaspoon dried parsley leaves, crushed
1 boneless beef round rump roast or beef bottom round roast (3 to 4 pounds)
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Combine rub ingredients in small bowl; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert ovenproof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover.
- Roast in 325°F (160°C) oven 1 1/2 to 2 hours for medium rare doneness.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F for medium rare. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F for medium rare.)
- Carve roast into thin slices; season with salt and black pepper, as desired.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): 203 calories; 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 92 mg cholesterol; 186 mg sodium; 0.5 g carbohydrate; 0.4 g fiber; 35 g protein; 6.2 mg niacin; 0.5 mg vitamin B6; 1.9 mcg vitamin B12; 3.4 mg iron; 39 mcg selenium; 5.9 mg zinc.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Beef, It's What's For Dinner©.