German Beef Pot Roast with Mushroom Leek Sauce
Here's an easy recipe for classic fall and winter comfort food your family is sure to ask for again and again. Beef pot roast is braised in mushroom soup and leeks until fork tender and served over egg noodles.
1 (2-pound) Certified Angus Beef® bottom round roast
2 tablespoons olive oil - divided use
2 cups sliced leeks, washed, light green only
1 (26-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
1 cup water
1 (10-ounce) package egg noodles
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in medium-size braising pan. Season roast with salt and pepper. Sear on all sides until brown.
- Remove roast from pan and set aside. Add leeks and sauté until lightly brown.
- Add mushroom soup and water; bring to a simmer. Return roast to pan and place in oven for 2 hours.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Remove roast from oven and let rest 10 to 15 minutes. Pull beef apart with fork and serve over noodles with mushroom leek sauce.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Certified Angus Beef LLC.