Search for recipes throughout
the entire site or select one of the recipe collections from
the drop-down menu on the search tool below:
Marinated stuffed rolls of beef are grilled
and served on a bed of spaghetti with marinara sauce.
Grilled Italian Beef
- 1 1/2 pounds beef round, cut thin and
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed to pulp
- 1/4 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 large hard-cooked eggs, shelled and
- 2 ounces prosciutto (or ham), coarsely
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) jar marinara sauce (or your
- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked according to
- Additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- For Beef: Cut meat into 6 rectangles.
Place each piece between sheets of plastic wrap; pound to 1/8-inch
thickness. Place in plastic zip-lock style bag.
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic,
red pepper flakes, salt and pepper in small bowl. Add to meat.
Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- For Filling: Heat olive oil in medium
skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; reduce heat to medium,
cook for 3 minutes until softened. Stir in crumbs, egg, prosciutto,
cheese, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade.
Divide filling among steaks; roll up jelly roll style. Secure
with wooden picks.
- To Cook: Prepare outdoor grill with medium-hot
coals, or heat gas grill to medium-hot.
- Grill, covered, turning several times,
15 minutes or until beef is tender; be careful of flare-ups.
- Heat marinara sauce in saucepan.
- To Serve: Place roll-ups on a bed of spaghetti
and ladle sauce over. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese,
Makes 6 servings.
To Oven-Roast: Heat oven to 400°F (205°C).
Place roll-ups on greased broiler-pan rack. Roast for 15 minutes.
Turn and cook for another 10 minutes.
Rate and submit your comments
about this recipe below.