Grilled Marinated Flank Steak or London Broil
Lean flank steak, or London broil, takes a good long soak in a sweet and savory marinade and is then grilled to perfection, yielding a flavorful and tender steak.
1 (1 1/2 to 2 pound) flank steak or London broil
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 green onion, finely chopped
- Whisk together all ingredients for marinade.
- Place meat in a shallow non-reactive pan or a self-sealing plastic bag; pour marinade over it. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or longer, turning meat occasionally.
- Prepare outdoor grill with hot coals on one side of grill, or heat one side of gas grill to hot.
- Remove meat from marinade; pat dry.
- Sear meat over direct heat 5 minutes on each side. Move meat to side of grill not over heat; grill, covered, 20 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 145°F (60°C) for medium-rare.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing on the diagonal.
Makes 6 servings.
To Broil: Heat broiler. Place meat on greased broiler-pan rack. Broil for about 6 minutes on each side for medium-rare.