Grilled Romesco Steak
Recipe courtesy of California Ripe Olives.
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 1/4 pounds flank steak
1 (8-ounce) red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
Salt and crushed red pepper flakes to taste
4 ounces sliced country bread (4 average slices)
2 ounces mixed baby greens, washed and dried
1 cup California Ripe Olives, whole, pitted
1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Combine olive oil, vinegar and garlic in a shallow container.
- Place steak and peppers in marinade and season to taste with salt and ground black pepper flakes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill steak and peppers over medium-high heat. Turn steak after 5 to 6 minutes and cook for another 5 to 6 minutes on remaining side.
- Transfer to a clean cutting board to rest for 5 minutes, then slice across the grain into strips.
- Cook peppers for 6 to 8 minutes until charred and tender, then transfer to a clean cutting board. Peel off charred skin, dice into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
- Toast country bread on grill for 1 to 2 minutes on each side until golden. Transfer to a clean cutting board and dice into 1-inch croutons.
- Toss steak, peppers and grilled bread with greens, California Ripe Olives and almonds. Serve hot or room temperature with additional bottled balsamic dressing if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of California Ripe Olives.