Grilled T-Bone Steak for Two with Lemon-Pesto Sauce
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
Lemon to Pesto Sauce:
3 tablespoons basil pesto sauce
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon coarsely grated lemon peel
1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1 pound beef T-Bone, cut 1-inch thick
1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- For Lemon to Pesto Sauce: Combine pesto sauce, lemon juice, lemon peel and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Press steak seasoning evenly onto beef steak.
- Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, uncovered, 14 to 16 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 15 to 19 minutes) for medium to rare (145°F | 62.7°C) to medium (160°F | 71.1°C) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Remove bone; carve steak crosswise into slices. Serve with Lemon Pesto sauce.
Makes 2 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.