Recipe courtesy of the National Pasta Association.
1 pound spaghetti or linguine, uncooked
12 to 16 ounces steak, cut into thin strips
1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
1 red bell pepper, halved and sliced
2 carrots, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
2 bunches green onions, sliced
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a non to stick skillet, sauté the beef steak over high heat. If it begins to stick, add a little soy sauce, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- When the steak is cooked through, reduce the heat to medium to low and add the soy sauce, red bell pepper, carrots and green onions.
- Increase heat to medium-high and cook 3 minutes.
- Toss with pasta and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 691; Calories From Fat: 12; Total Fat: 9g; Cholesterol: 45mg; Total Carbs: 111g; Protein: 37g; Sodium: 692mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the National Pasta Association.