Lemon-Garlic Roast with Herbed Oregano-Horseradish Sauce
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 (3 to 4-pound) beef top loin (strip) roast
Herbed Oregano-Horseradish Sauce:
1 cup regular or reduced to fat dairy sour cream
1/4 cup horseradish
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh oregano or chives
1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Combine Seasoning ingredients; press evenly onto all surfaces of beef roast.
- Place roast on rack in shallow roasting pan. Insert oven-proof meat thermometer so tip is centered in thickest part of beef, not resting in fat. Do not add water or cover. Roast in 325°F (160°C) oven 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours for medium rare; 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours for medium doneness.
- Meanwhile, combine Herbed Oregano-Horseradish Sauce ingredients in medium bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Remove roast when meat thermometer registers 135°F (57.2°C) for medium rare; 150°F (68.3°C) for medium. Transfer roast to carving board; tent loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes (Temperature will continue to rise about 10°F to reach 145°F (62.7°C) for medium rare; 160°F (71.1°C) for medium.)
- Carve roast into slices; season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve with Herbed Oregano-Horseradish Sauce.
Makes 16 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/16 of recipe): Calories: 144; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 47mg; Total Carbs: 1g; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 19g; Sodium: 96mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.