Marinated Flank Steak
A simple meal made with broiled or grilled marinated flank steak and fresh accompaniments like Pico de Gallo, sliced avocado and warm corn or flour tortillas is easy on the cook, as well as a real family...or crowd pleaser!
Sweet apple juice, cilantro, lime juice, oregano, chili powder, cumin and garlic combine to create a robust marinade that you'll use again and again.
1/4 cup hot water
2 MAGGI Beef Flavor Bouillon Tablets, crushed
1/2 cup Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® All Natural 100% Juice
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
2 limes, juiced
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- Combine water and bouillon in medium bowl; stir until dissolved. Stir in Juicy Juice, cilantro, lime juice, oil, oregano, chili powder, cumin and garlic. Pour into 1-gallon heavy-duty plastic bag. Add flank steak, squeeze out as much air from bag as possible. Marinate in refrigerator, turning steak occasionally, for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill or broiler. Remove steak from bag; discard marinade.
- Grill or broil using medium heat for 7 to 8 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Let steak rest for 10 minutes before cutting. Cut steak against the grain on the diagonal in thin slices to serve.
- Serve hot with warm tortillas, sliced avocados and fresh pico de gallo, if desired.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.