Mediterranean Beef Eye Round Steaks
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
1 (6-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
1/4 cup chopped roasted red pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
3 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
2 beef eye round steaks, cut 1-inch thick (8 ounces each)
- Drain artichokes; reserve liquid. Chop artichokes; combine with red pepper and basil. Refrigerate.
- Mix reserved artichoke liquid and mustard.
- Marinate beef steaks in mustard mixture in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight.
- Remove steaks; discard marinade.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 19 to 23 minutes for medium rare, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.)
- Carve steaks. Serve with artichoke mixture.
Makes 2 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.