Mexican-style Milanesa with Smoky Corn Relish
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
4 beef cubed steaks (about 4 ounces each)
1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced, plus 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
1 (11-ounce) can Mexican-style or regular corn, drained
1 large egg
1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
4 teaspoons vegetable oil - divided use
- For Smoky Corn Relish, combine corn, chipotle pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Beat egg, 1 tablespoon water and adobo sauce in shallow dish until blended. Place tortilla chips in second shallow dish. Dip each beef steak into egg mixture, then into tortilla chips to coat both sides.
- Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in large nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat until hot.
- Place 2 steaks in skillet; cook 5 to 6 minutes to medium (160°F (71.1°C) doneness, until not pink in center and juices show no pink color, turning once and adding another 1 teaspoon vegetable oil to skillet after turning steaks. Remove steaks; keep warm. repeat with remaining 2 teaspoon vegetable oil and steaks.
- Top each steak evenly with Smoky Corn Relish.
Makes 4 servings.
Tip: 1 1/2 cups defrosted frozen corn may be substituted for canned corn.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 419; Total Fat: 21g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 126mg; Total Carbs: 29g; Fiber: 3g; Sugar: 31g; Sodium: 361mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.