Mojo Beef Kabobs
Recipe courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
Tip :This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc, and a good source of iron.
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon minced garlic
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 pound boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
1 large lime, cut into 8 wedges
1 small red onion, cut into 8 thin wedges
1 (10-ounce) container grape or cherry tomatoes
- For Mojo Sauce: Whisk Mojo Sauce ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut beef steak into 1 1/4-inch pieces; season with pepper.
- Alternately thread beef with lime and onion wedges evenly onto 4 (12-inch) metal skewers. Thread tomatoes evenly onto 4 (12-inch) metal skewers.
- Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill tomato kabobs, uncovered, about 2 to 4 minutes or until slightly softened, turning occasionally.
- Grill beef kabobs, uncovered, about 8 to 10 minutes for medium to rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally.
- Serve kabobs drizzled with sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 285; Total Fat: 15g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 50mg; Total Carbs: 10g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 500mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.