Mustard Glazed Brisket
This delicious mustard-glazed beef brisket starts on the stove top and finishes in the oven for a tender brisket every time.
1 (3 to 4 pound) boneless beef brisket
2 cloves garlic, peeled
1 large onion, sliced
2 stalks celery
8 black peppercorns
4 whole allspice
1 bay leaf
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- Place brisket, garlic, onion, celery, peppercorns, allspice and bay leaf in a large soup pot. Cover with water.
- Simmer covered 3 to 3 1/2 hours until tender, adding water as necessary.
- Remove brisket and place in a roasting pan with 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Combine brown sugar and prepared mustard. Salt and pepper brisket and spread with the mustard glaze.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350°F (175°C) until glaze bubbles and is browned.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.