Oriental Beef and Noodles
Stir-fried beef, carrots and snow peas with ramen noodles.
1 (3-ounce) package ramen noodles with beef flavor
8 ounces boneless beef sirloin steak, cut 3/4-inch thick
1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
1 celery stalk, bias-sliced
1 (6-ounce) package frozen snow peas, thawed
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon Chinese 5-spice powder or ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- Cook the ramen noodles according to package directions,except drain the noodles and reserve the seasoning packet.
- Meanwhile, trim fat from meat. Thinly slice into bite-size strips. Set aside.
- Add oil to a wok or large skillet. Preheat over medium-high heat (add more oil if necessary during cooking). Stir-fry carrot and celery in hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove vegetables from wok.
- Add the meat to wok. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or to desired doneness. Return cooked vegetables to wok.
- Stir in the noodles, the reserved seasoning packet, snow peas, water, parsley, soy sauce, Chinese 5-spice powder or ground ginger and, if using, the crushed red pepper. Cook over medium heat until heated through. Serve immediately.
Makes 3 to 4 servings.