Beef brisket baked fork-tender in an oven bag with dry onion soup mix, beef broth and Worcestershire sauce.
1 large oven roasting bag
1 packet dry onion soup mix
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 (5-pound) beef brisket
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (14.5-ounce) can low-sodium beef broth
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Combine dry onion soup mix, flour and garlic in an oven roasting bag; close bag and shake well.
- Season brisket with salt and pepper and place in bag. Pour in beef broth and Worcestershire sauce.
- Close bag, place in a shallow baking pan and make a few slits with a sharp knife in the top of the bag to vent it.
- Bake for 4 hours, or until tender.
Makes 10 servings.