Oven Texas BBQ Beef Brisket
Stay indoors and keep your cool to create this wonderful barbecue beef brisket.
1 whole brisket
1/2 cup chili powder
1/2 cup salt
1/4 cup granulated garlic
1/4 cup granulated onion
1/4 cup ground black pepper
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons dry mustard
2 bay leaves
1 can beef broth
- Combine all ingredients, except beef broth and brisket, and mix well.
- Season brisket on both sides with mixture and place in a roasting pan.
- Roast in a preheated 350°F oven for 1 hour.
- Combine beef broth with equal amount of water. Add enough liquid to the roasting pan to achieve 1/2-inch liquid in pan. Cover roasting pan, lower heat to 325°F and continue cooking for 4 to 5 hours, basting frequently.
- Remove from oven when instant read thermometer registers 185°F. Let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- Trim all fat and slice meat thinly across the grain.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.